43RD EUROPEAN CONFERENCE IN SUPPORT OF THE SAHARAWI PEOPLE (EUCOCO)
U.G.T. AUDITORIUM AVENIDA DE AMÉRICA
Friday, 16 November:
14:30h.- Registration and delivery of credentials and documentation
16.00h.- Inauguration of the Conference. Opening session.
(First part). Interventions of:
- Words of welcome from the coordinator of the Organizing Committee.
- Representative of UGT.
- CCOO representative.
- Representative of the Community of Madrid.
- Representative of the Madrid City Council.
- Representative of FEMAS-Sahara.
- Representative of the Saharawi delegation for Spain
16,30 h.- (Second part). Interventions of:
- Chairman of the Task Force.
- Representative of the inter-group of the European Parliament.
- Representative of the inter-group of the Congress of Deputies.
- Representative of parliamentary inter-groups.
- Representatives of the political forces at Spanish State level.
- Participating international delegations.
- Intervention of a Saharawi activist.
- Representative of CEAS-Sahara.
- Official delegation of the Polisario Front.
17.30h.- Coffee break
18,00h.- Beginning of the working sessions, strictly speaking.
- Mohamed Sidati, Minister Counsellor to the Presidency and representative for Europe of the Polisario Front.”Situation of the conflict and prospects for the future”
- Pierre Galand, President of the European Coordination of Solidarity with the Saharawi People (Task Force) “Management report 2018 and challenges for the future”
- Carmelo Ramírez, member of the Task Force and President of Fedissah “Work plan. Initiatives and priorities for 2019”.
- Paloma López “Dynamics – European Parliament”
18,45h.- Other interventions on the Conference. Constitution of workshops and working groups and allocation of rooms
19,00 to 21 h.- Work of the workshops.
Saturday, 17 November:
09.00h.- Work of the workshops and working groups.
11.00h.– Coffee break.
11.30h.- Continuation of work in the workshops until their completion.
13.00h.- Demonstration and mobilisation “For Decolonisation and Independence of Western Sahara”, which will start from Atocha Square.
16.30h.- Plenary Session. Interventions of:
- Representatives of the Political, Social and Institutional Forces of the Community of Madrid.
- Participating international delegations, which could not speak on Friday.
- Other attending guests.
17,30.- Reading of the conclusions of the Workshops.
18.30h.- Coffee break.
19,00 h.- Closing ceremony. Final Declaration of the Conference.
20,00 h.- Saharawi Musical Evening
21,00h.- Farewell dinner organized by the Association of GALICIA
PARALLEL TO THE EUCOCO WILL HAVE ANOTHER PROGRAM
- CONFERENCE ON LEGAL CONSEQUENCES OF UNCONCLUSIVE DISCOLLATION.
- PARLIAMENTARY CONFERENCE AT THE CONGRESS OF THE DEPUTIES.
Wednesday, November 14.
A conference on Western Sahara will take place at the headquarters of the General Council of Spanish Law, which will cover International Law, International Trade and Human Rights, as well as the legal consequences derived from the non-finalization of colonization.
- Day: Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- Start time: 17: 30h.
- Place: Hall of Acts of the Headquarters of the General Council of Spanish Law.
- Address: Paseo Recoletos, 13
17: 30h -Victoria Ortega (President of the General Council of the Spanish Lawyer -Pending to confirm-)
18: 00h The non-decolonization
– Carlos Ruiz Miguel, Professor of Constitutional Law at the University of Santiago de Compostela (Tripartite Agreements of Madrid)
– Daaya Mohamed Salem, Lawyer member of APRASE – (The constitution of the Sahrawi Republic)
– Sidi Talebbuia, Lawyer and President of APRASE – (MINIRSO under the 1988 Settlement Plan)
7:00 pm Consequences of non-decolonization
1st Table 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
– Aurelia Álvarez, Professor of Private International Dº University of León. Nationality of the Sahrawis in Spain
– Fatma Elgalia M-Fadel, Lawyer and Secretary of APRASE. Dº. Spanish expatriation applied to Sahrawi.
2nd Table (7:30 to 8:30 p.m.)
– Manuel Ollé, expert lawyer of Dº Penal Internacional -Genocide against the Saharawi people in the National High Court-
– Gemma Arbesú. Lawyer and member of the Asturian Observatory of Human Rights for Western Sahara – Trials against Sahrawi political prisoners in Morocco.
– Manuel Devers. Lawyer of the Polisario Front before the EU – Processes against EU-Morocco trade agreements
Friday, November 16
Starting at 11 am, the Congress (Constitutional Chamber) will hold a debate on “Sahara: territory pending decolonization”, prior to the celebration of the 43rd European Conference of Solidarity and Support for the Saharawi People (EUCOCO), which will be held It will celebrate on the 16th, afternoon, and November 17th, 2018 in Madrid with the presence of participants from the five continents.
This session is a good opportunity to discuss together with state and regional parliamentarians, MEPs, and parliamentarians from other countries about the current situation of the Saharawi people, how to unblock the current situation and promote all the necessary political initiatives.
- Day: Friday, November 16, 2018
- Start time: 11h.
- Expected duration, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Place: Constitutional Chamber (A1-1.1.)
This includes, in turn, two other claiming activities:
A camp, a replica of Gdeim Izik’s, in memory of the victims of the genocide that took place to silence thousands of Sahrawi voices who peacefully claimed their rights.
And the well-known manifestation of November 14, date in which the nefarious Tripartite Agreement of Madrid was signed. Date also in which the territory of Western Sahara is sold, the Saharawi people are betrayed and the invasion takes place